If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Hearty Harvest Soup is perfect for brisk fall evenings! —Paige
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 8 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash, I bought mine pre-cut but you could also peel and cube your own
- 1 cup shredded chicken, I used rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 cup short cut pasta, I used quinoa macaroni noodles
- 2 cups kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. When that is hot, add onion and garlic and saute until translucent. 3-5 mins. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary and saute another 3 minutes. Add sherry to the pan to deglaze the bottom. Scrape up any bits that may have stuck.
- Add chicken stock and water to the pot along with the butternut squash. Simmer for about 20 minutes, until the squash is almost tender.
- Add shredded chicken, pasta and kale to the pot and bring back to a simmer. If the soup is looking too thick at this point you can add a touch more water, but keep in mind you still have to add the cream.
- Serve with a crusty baguette to soak up all of the yummy broth.