If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple, gluten-free side or main dish that was served to me by a vegetarian a long time ago. —MtIdaho
- 2 medium butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped green and/or red peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Place face down on baking sheet and bake 375 degrees 35 min. or until soft. Remove from skin and cube.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter: add peppers and saute until just tender.
- Beat eggs with yogurt and feta. Add squash, vegetables, salt and pepper.
- Spread in greased 2 qt. casserole dish and top with nuts. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake 375 degrees covered for 30 minutes and uncovered for 15 minutes.