- Puffs of all types taste good here. Just make sure they're light, airy ones, not hard, slightly inflated grains. I like Kashi Whole Grain Puffs.
- Large flakes of coconut taste best here, but small strips work, as well.
Makes: 3 1/2 cups
tablespoons solid virgin coconut oil
tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
cup (85 grams) runny mild honey
teaspoon pure vanilla extract
cups (92 grams) unsweetened puffed whole-grain cereal
cup (47 grams) unsweetened coconut flakes
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat it to 300° F. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk the coconut oil, cocoa powder, honey, and salt until smooth. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the cereal and coconut until evenly coated, trying not to break up the coconut flakes. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer, pushing it all the way to the edges.
- Bake until the puffs are a darker brown, about 25 minutes. Cool completely on the sheet on a wire rack. Break puffs into smaller clumps as you like.
- The puffs will keep at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!