Author Notes: A delicious and fluffy nutrient dense ketogenic recipe. Sugar free and features only a few ingredients (topped with all your favourite ingredients!). —albjournal
sweet potato, peeled
tablespoons coconut flour
teaspoon vanilla bean powder
teaspoon arrowroot powder
teaspoon baking soda
coconut oil, for pan
In This Recipe
- Microwave, bake, or steam sweet potato until fork tender.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients. Combine well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash tender sweet potato. Add all 4 eggs and whip together until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix. Don't over mix!
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add some coconut oil and place 1/2 cup dollops into the pan. You will know to flip the pancake when bubbles start to form around the edges. These ones are different than regular pancakes in that they probably won't bubble and burst throughout the centre of the pancake when cooking (only the edges).
- Flip when golden brown and cook the same on this side. Remember there is eggs, so you want to make sure you cook them through to a dark golden brown colour, so not to have them mushy on the inside.
- Top with your favourite toppings and serve!