If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Together with Bosch Home Appliances, we slightly adapted this playful recipe from Danny Seo, their brand ambassador, editor-in-chief of Naturally, Danny Seo, and author of the cookbook Naturally Delicious. This simple, savory snack embodies the things Danny and Bosch hold dear--simple, modern, and vegetable-forward home cooking.
Note: Feel free to sub in frozen cauliflower if it's not in season or you're in a rush. —Food52
pound cauliflower florets
cup grated Parmesan
tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 400ᵒF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with olive oil; set aside.
- While the oven is pre-heating, steam the cauliflower until tender, and cool to room temperature.
- Place the cauliflower on a clean dishtowel or piece of cheesecloth, roll up and wring to extract as much moisture from the cauliflower as you can.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl and break florets apart with your hands. Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, egg, parsley, garlic powder and pepper, and, using your hands, mix until mixture holds together.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the cauliflower mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Use your hands to roll each scoop into an oval-shaped tot. Brush the tots with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, turn the tots over and brush with olive oil, and bake for another 15 minutes to crisp the other side. Serve warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!