Author Notes: Together with Bosch Home Appliances, we slightly adapted this playful recipe from Danny Seo, their brand ambassador, editor-in-chief of Naturally, Danny Seo, and author of the cookbook Naturally Delicious. This simple, savory snack embodies the things Danny and Bosch hold dear--simple, modern, and vegetable-forward home cooking.
Note: Feel free to sub in frozen cauliflower if it's not in season or you're in a rush. —Food52
pound cauliflower florets
cup grated Parmesan
tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 400ᵒF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with olive oil; set aside.
- While the oven is pre-heating, steam the cauliflower until tender, and cool to room temperature.
- Place the cauliflower on a clean dishtowel or piece of cheesecloth, roll up and wring to extract as much moisture from the cauliflower as you can.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl and break florets apart with your hands. Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, egg, parsley, garlic powder and pepper, and, using your hands, mix until mixture holds together.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the cauliflower mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Use your hands to roll each scoop into an oval-shaped tot. Brush the tots with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, turn the tots over and brush with olive oil, and bake for another 15 minutes to crisp the other side. Serve warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!