If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nowadays, my collection of recipes is organized in folders of favorites on the internet browser and when I need a specific recipe I ask Google. Nevertheless, I still buy magazines and cookbooks for the same reason I buy magazines and books of other subjects whatsoever: the simple pleasure of leafing through a book, touching the smooth pages with my fingers or smelling the paper. Moreover, I still have my first recipe notebook, with a hardcover, red spine and written with pens of various shades of blue, testimony of the time that has passed between its first and last recipes. Precisely the first recipe, in the first page, is entitled “Yoghurt Cake” and lists only a handful of simple ingredients. That page, written in a still childish calligraphy, always puts a smile on my face. Ingredients are measured in yogurt pots and there isn’t one line of instructions mentioned, as these can be summed up in just one: combine everything together. The recipe can be adapted to include new flavors, according to the inspiration of the moment or the course of the seasons. —Paula | my common table
- Butter to grease the pan
- 250 grams plain yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 125 milliliters vegetable oil
- 360 grams sugar
- 210 grams all-purpose flour + a little more to dust the pan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1-2 pears, thinly sliced
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180º C. Grease a spring form (22 cm) with butter and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, add the yogurt, eggs, vegetable oil and sugar and stir well. Add the flour, baking powder and cardamom and stir until the flour is incorporated into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and carefully arrange the pear slices on top. Scatter the sliced almonds over the cake. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the cake is baked (if you insert a toothpick in the middle, it will come out clean). Allow to cool for 15 minutes and unmold. Dust with powdered sugar.