If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kerala style cabbage thoran or stir fried cabbage is a dry curry of cabbage, coconut, and chili.its a delicious and easy to make Kerala style cabbage preparation.Perfectly goes with steamed rice or you can serve as an accompaniment with rice and other curries. —Sujitha Nair
- 600 grams Cabbage
- 3/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 onion
- 4 green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 pinches turmeric powder
- 1 whole red chili sliced
- salt as needed
- Remove damaged outer leaves of cabbage,rinse and wash well, drain water completely,then finely chop the cabbage and keep aside.wash and thinly slice the onion and green chili.
- in a large bowl add grated coconut,sliced green chili,sliced onion and grated ginger.then add chopped cabbage and salt in to it.mix every thing together and keep aside.
- heat coconut oil in a heavy bottom pan or karahi over a medium heat.when oil become hot add mustard seeds,when the seeds starts to splutter add curry leaves and sliced chili, fry for few seconds.Then add turmeric powder and stir for few more seconds.
- then add the cabbage and stir well ,keep every thing in the center of the pan and cook covered over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until just done.please do not over cook the cabbage.
- remove the lid and stir for one more minute.switch of the stove.
- serve with steamed rice and Poppadom or serve as an accompaniment with rice and other curries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later