If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One bite is never enough of this crispy, crunchy, sweet and salty snack-dessert hybrid. It keeps for awhile, unless you eat it all (not that I have done this ;) ), and be sure to save the clumpy pieces for yourself - they are crazy good with tons of peanut butter hiding inside. —Laura Dembowski
Serves about 10
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Reese's Pieces
- 5-6 cups Rice or Corn Chex
- 3-4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large microwave safe bowl, place peanut butter and chips. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Stir in vanilla. Add Reese’s Pieces and 4 cups of cereal. Stir to fully coat in the peanut butter mixture. Add more cereal, 1 cup at a time, until there is not too much gooey peanut butter in the bowl, but the mixture is not dry. I used about 6 cups of cereal. I do not recommend using more than that.
- Pour sugar, 1 cup at a time, onto cereal. Stirring and adding more sugar as needed until it is fully coated. How thick the coating of sugar depends on your preferences. I used 4 cups. Puppy chow may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later