If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple sauce not only can pep up your pizza, but think about adding it to a cream soup or pasta. Make a double batch on the weekend and you will find all sorts of meal inspiration throughout the week. —Liz | inspired by the seasons
Makes 1 1/2 cups
Roasted Beet Sauce
- 2 Medium Sized Beets
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, plus more for coating beets
- 1 tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and cut beets into 2" pieces, toss with olive oil. Wrap in foil along with whole garlic cloves, place on a rimmed baking sheet
- Cook in oven for 40 - 50 minutes until they are soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add beets, garlic (peel removed) and remaining ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Use immediately or store in a covered glass container for up to a week. If adding to pasta, you will want to add additional oil.
For Swiss Chard Pizza
- 1 12" Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted beet sauce
- 1/4 cup Canned Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Swiss Chard, stems removed cut into 1/2" ribbons
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spread beet sauce evenly on top of crust, leaving a 1" border around the edge. Add in order, chickpeas, chard, mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-14 minutes until cheese is melted and Swiss chard is just starting to crisp. Let cool 3 minutes before slicing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later