If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Layered with flavor, this Maple Pecan Cran-Apple Salad with Lemon-Maple Vinaigrette is crisp and crunchy with a touch of creamy goat cheese for a decadent, yet healthy meal. —tiffanythyme
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 sweet vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Salted Maple Pecans (http://www.tiffanythyme.com/salted-maple-pecans/)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast filets
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Toss chopped romaine with spinach. Add thinly sliced vidalia onions and apples. Top with craisins, Salted Maple Pecans, and goat cheese.
- Combine brown sugar, minced onion, minced garlic, lemon pepper, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt to create spice rub.
- Massage spice rub into chicken breast filets on both sides.
- Preheat your skillet on medium heat and add your oil.
- When hot, add your chicken and sear on each side for roughly 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and place on a plate to rest.
- For the vinaigrette, add lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Finish salad with Sweet & Tangy Seared Chicken Breast and Lemon-Maple Vinaigrette, if desired.