If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Makes a big ass pot but its cool, you will be eating it all week and loving it. —Colleen Stem
Makes a lot
- 1 pound dried white beans
- 2 large carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 medium potatoes (I like white or red)
- a few sprigs fresh or dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 9-10 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350
- Chop the veggies into big chunks and toss into a large dutch oven or roasting pan. Then dump dried beans and water in as week. Mske sure all the beans are submerged have about 2 extra inches of water. Add the rosemary (you can opt out or use other spices you like) and season well (like a few teaspoons) with salt and pepper oven. Place the dutch oven into oven with lid on and let bake for about an hour and a half to 2 hours, checking and giving it a stir ever now and then and making sure the water has not evaporated before beans are done If so, add in another cup or 2. Once beans are cooked to your liking, remove from oven, taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed and , well, eat it.
- Left overs are fantastic for future salads, grain bowls, wraps, added to stalk for soup,or just reheated and eaten.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later