If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother was an adventurous cook and devised this recipe to serve at cocktail parties. Many guests preferred sticking to booze and salted nuts, but one taste usually made converts of even the most eggplant-phobic in the crowd. —CottageGourmet
Serves several people dipping crackers and sipping cocktails
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Poke eggplant with a fork several times and put into a preheated 350º oven for 30-45 minutes or until soft. When the eggplant is cool, peel the skin away and mash the insides with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients, put into a bowl and chill the mixture. Serve with crackers.