Author Notes: How to make vegan 'Bounty' bars with a delicious coconut base, topped off with dark chocolate & a sprinkling of coconut in 5 very easy steps! —Holly Jade
grams unsweetened dessiccated coconut
tablespoons maple syrup
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup melted coconut oil
grams dairy-free dark chocolate
- Line a square baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Place the desiccated coconut, maple syrup, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and salt into a large mixing bowl, and using a wooden spoon, mix until fully combined.
- Create a banmarie, and melt the chocolate until silky smooth!
- Carefully pour the chocolate over the coconut base. Using a spatula, smooth the chocolate over the base and sprinkle some coconut over the top for decoration & texture! Pop the tray back into the freezer for approximately 1 hour to set.
- Once set, remove the tray from the freezer and slice into your desired squares/bars. Serve & enjoy! I served my bars with an extra sprinkle of desiccated coconut and some coconut chunks. Store in a sealed container in the freezer and allow to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes minutes before enjoying!