If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: How to make vegan 'Bounty' bars with a delicious coconut base, topped off with dark chocolate & a sprinkling of coconut in 5 very easy steps! —Holly Jade
- 180 grams unsweetened dessiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 180 grams dairy-free dark chocolate
- Line a square baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Place the desiccated coconut, maple syrup, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and salt into a large mixing bowl, and using a wooden spoon, mix until fully combined.
- Create a banmarie, and melt the chocolate until silky smooth!
- Carefully pour the chocolate over the coconut base. Using a spatula, smooth the chocolate over the base and sprinkle some coconut over the top for decoration & texture! Pop the tray back into the freezer for approximately 1 hour to set.
- Once set, remove the tray from the freezer and slice into your desired squares/bars. Serve & enjoy! I served my bars with an extra sprinkle of desiccated coconut and some coconut chunks. Store in a sealed container in the freezer and allow to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes minutes before enjoying!