If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Homemade Pumpkin Gnocchi served in a nutty brown butter sauce with sage —The Domestic Dietitian
- 1 large baked potato,cooked and cooled (skin on)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all purpose flour (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water (if needed)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- Place (skin on) potato in microwave for ~ 6 minutes to cook. Allow to cool completely Place large pot of salted water on stove to boil
- Cut potato in half and using a box grater, grate potato flesh into a large mixing bowl. Discard skin
- Add pumpkin puree, egg, nutmeg, 1 1/2 cups flour, salt and pepper to bowl
- Using a fork, mix until dough is just combined. Do not over mix
- If dough needs more moisture, add cold water 1 tsp at a time
- Lightly flour large cutting board with remaining flour and place dough onto board
- Cut dough into 8 equal pieces
- Using one piece at at a time, use hands to roll dough into 1 inch thick log
- Use a sharp knife and cut log into equal 1 inch long "squares"
- Repeat process with remaining dough
- Once pot of water is boiling, add gnocchi to pot in batches
- Boil until gnocchi start to float, about 3 minutes, then remove from water with a slotted spoon. Place on large plate or cookie sheet Continue boiling batches of gnocchi
- Once finished, add butter and sage to large sauté pan over medium-high heat
- Allow butter to cook, stir frequently, until light brown and bubbly (about 3 minutes) Important - do not allow butter to become too brown as it will burn
- Add gnocchi immediately to brown butter sauce and mix well. Serve immediately and enjoy!