Author Notes: This grilled corn with pear chorizo salad is a yummy appetizer! The simple grilled sweet corn has been taken to the next level by serving it with pear chorizo salad! Sweet corn lovers, it’s a must-try this summer! —Julia
Corns on the cob
grams Sliced Chorizo
grams Feta Cheese
A Handful of Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- Grill 4 corns using a grill pan or a grill. Once they are ready, set them aside.
- Cut the sliced chorizo into strips and throw the strips into a frying pan/or grill pan, if using (no need to make another pan dirty if the grill pan has been used for grilling the corns).
- Wash and cut the pears into quarters. Remove the hard parts before cutting them into cubes. Throw them in the pan. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice garlic. Cut corn of its cob and add the kernels as well as sliced garlic to the chorizo. Add butter and roast for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Now wash and finely chop the parsley and throw it in the pan as well.
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 1-2 before turning off the heat.
- Cut each cob into 3 pieces and place on a plate. Spoon some of the salad next to it and top with Feta cheese.