If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Irish Barmbrack tea cake is a traditional Halloween treat in Ireland. Dried fruit & spices make it extra delicious! Try my yeast-free version! —Julia
- 10.5 ounces Plain Flour
- 10.1 ounces Cold Strong Tea
- 8.8 ounces Raisins
- 5.3 ounces Brown Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Throw the raisins in a bowl and pour the tea over. Place the bowl in the fridge and let the raisins soak.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/356F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl including the raisins & tea (Note: some raisins may absorb more liquid than others so you might end needing to add more tea. To be ready, have some extra cold tea ready on hand).
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour the mixture over.
- Transfer in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until baked throughout.
- Enjoy with butter and/or jam as well as a cup of your favorite tea/coffee!