Author Notes: Irish Barmbrack tea cake is a traditional Halloween treat in Ireland. Dried fruit & spices make it extra delicious! Try my yeast-free version! —Julia
ounces Plain Flour
ounces Cold Strong Tea
ounces Brown Sugar
teaspoons Baking Powder
In This Recipe
- Throw the raisins in a bowl and pour the tea over. Place the bowl in the fridge and let the raisins soak.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/356F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl including the raisins & tea (Note: some raisins may absorb more liquid than others so you might end needing to add more tea. To be ready, have some extra cold tea ready on hand).
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour the mixture over.
- Transfer in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until baked throughout.
- Enjoy with butter and/or jam as well as a cup of your favorite tea/coffee!