If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Okra is lightly coated in olive oil and sprinkled with salt and cumin, then roasted until slightly caramelized and crispy. Total hands-on prep time is only 5 minutes. Easy, delish, and full of fiber for a happy belly! Okra pods around 3 inches or less are ideal size, as large pods can be stringy and tough. Adjust the amount of cumin, salt, and oil according to your preference. These are also yummy grilled! —joannakate
Serves 2 - 3
- 15 - 20 pieces fresh okra
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt to taste
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F and place rack in middle of oven.
- Rinse and dry okra. Place okra on metal sheet pan and sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and cumin. Toss to thoroughly coat okra with oil and spices. Arrange okra on pan so all pieces are touching the surface of pan. Place pan in oven.
- Roast okra 15 minutes (or until bottoms are browned), then remove pan and flip pods over with tongs. Replace pan in oven and continue to roast another 10 minutes (or until okra is softened and browned on both sides, but not dry). Serve immediately as finger food!