If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Guilt free paleo snacking at it's best.
Simon and I are two people who love to snack, but we sometimes find ourselves snacking on the "wrong" things ie. food with lots of salt, or refined sugar.
So I've been on a hunt to find out how to snack paleo, meaning cutting out refined sugar, and eliminating grains but still allows us to grab something satisfying when we are feeling peckish!
This is the ultimate paleo snack for sweet tooths.
We are both intolerant to dairy so naturally it's got to be free of milk products. I'm also a fussy eater. I do not like dates, and a lot of paleo snacks are made with dates! So needless to say, it's been a challenge to find something that I would like and is healthy.
I recently came across this fantastic recipe from Whole Food Simply for their No Blend Nut Free Bliss Balls which is what my recipe is inspired from. My recipe is not nut-free as I used cashew butter, however you can use Tahini as in the original recipe. I also used more coconut and cacao.
This recipe is extremely delicious and exactly what I was looking for. It's easy to make and simple to adapt if you wish to use alternative ingredients. —Art Of The Designed Life
Makes 20 balls
grams pure cashew butter
teaspoon natural vanilla extract
grams runny organic honey
pinch sea salt
tablespoon cocoa (optional)
grams organic desiccated coconut without preservatives
Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place the vanilla, cashew butter, honey, salt, and coconut into a bowl or K-Mixer and mix until well combined.
- In the same bowl, add the cacao or cocoa and blend until well combined.
- Use your hands to mould small balls (approx the size of a small ice cream scoop).
- Roll each ball in the desiccated coconut until fully covered, and place on a dish in miniature cupcake forms.
- Place the paleo balls in the fridge until thoroughly cooled before tucking in!