Author Notes: We are sure that everyone this week will have pumpkin’s leftovers. Instead of waste them, why don’t try to make these delicious pumpkin ravioli, a good example of traditional Italian food. —mad&delicacy
grams ricotta cheese
grams grated parmesan cheese
a sprinkle of salt
a pinch of pepper
grams all-purpouse flour
- Cut the pumpkin removing the seeds, and bake it in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 to 40 minutes, or until soft. Let it cool down.
- In the meantime, prepare the pasta by kneading the flour and whole eggs for at least 10 min. If the dough still crumbles, just wet your hands and continue kneading to obtain a soft dough. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour. Cover the dough with a damp cloth.
- Cut out the skin of the pumpkin (you can also bake the pumpkin without the skin) and put it in a bowl. Mash the pumpkin and mix it with ricotta, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, to obtain a firm filling.
- Cut a piece of dough (work with small portions at a time and leave the rest covered) and roll out into a thin sheet (-0.5 mm), and put dollops of filling on it (as shown in the picture below). Cover with another sheet of pasta and cut into rectangles, or use a round pastry cutter, taking care to seal the edges of the pasta firmly (lightly brush a little water around the filling, before folding the pasta) and making sure to press out all of the air. Dust the ravioli with some flour to keep them from sticking together. To prepare the hazelnut sauce, in a fry pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook, swirling the pan, until the butter foams and begins to brown. Add the chopped hazelnuts and cook until the butter turns nut brown, about 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the butter and the hazelnuts. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Fill a large pot three-fourths full of water and bring to boil. Add the salt and then the ravioli. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the ravioli rise to the surface and are al dente, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the ravioli and then dress them with the hazelnuts sauce. Serve the ravioli with grated parmesan cheese.