If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cabbage au Gratin... definitely gives the potato version a run for it's money! —mtlabor
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a medium sized pot of salted water to a boil. Add cabbage and boil to about 2-3 minutes. Drain and quickly submerge into a bowl of cold water in order to stop the cabbage from continuing to cook. (I added ice cubes to some tap water to make sure it was really cold) Drain the cabbage again and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter under medium high heat. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes, or until beginning to soften. Stir in the garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir until fragrant and cook for an addition 3-5 minutes.
- Add in cabbage and toss well. Cook for another 5 minutes. Add in wine, and cook until almost entirely reduced. Lower heat to a simmer and slowly add cream and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Place in a medium sized ramekin and top with additional parmesan cheese, if you wish. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is browned.