Author Notes: When I was in Tuscany, Italy, this summer I stayed on a winery with Martha. She arranged a Tuscan evening for all of her guests and served typical Tuscan food. This recipe is her grandmothers and she was likely to give it to me to try out back home. It's delicious and I really like to share it with you all. —cafereineke
- 4 red peppers
- 2 pieces garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon tyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 0,5 cups ricotta cheese
- 0,5 cups peccorino
- 2 eggs
- handfuls pine nuts
- 6 pieces puff pastry
- pepper and salt
- Cut the peppers, garlic and onion in big chuncks and put them on low fire with the olive oil, tyme leaves and parsley. Leave on the lowest fire for 1,5 to 2 hours, or until the peppers are completely soft.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 (Celsius) and cover up a oven dish with the puff pastry.
- Take the peppers from the fire and blender them, eather by hand or with a mixer. Add all ingredients and stir firmly until you have a consistent blend.
- Bake the tarte in 45-60 minutes and serve with a simple green salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe