If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: COllect your roasted veggies from thanksgiving like broccoli,mushrooms and potatoes. In this case, I made with broccoli and do some fritters. Crispy outside, Light & fluffy inside. Perfect Snack! —Suganya Hariharan
For Yogurt-Lemon dip:
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon LEmon juice
- Salt - To taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Green onion
- 3 cups Broccoli/any other leftover veggies
- 1/2 cup ALl purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Blend of cheeses
- 2 tablespoons Spring onions
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- Broccoli Preparation: Chop broccoli. I use even the stems; as the skin is thick, it doesn't cook quickly, slice them into ½-inch lengths. Bring a small saucepan of hot water to boil, add the broccoli, and steam them for 5 minutes. Do not over boil them. And also add water just to cover them, may be ½ inch of water in a small saucepan. After boiling, drain the water and keep it aside to cool. ( or use leftover roasted veggies or salad veggies)
- Batter Preparation: Place the parmesan, flour, garlic, salt, pepper, chilli flakes, green chillies, spring onions, cheese and chilli powder in a medium bowl. Add broccoli and mix them till they are all combined. With a large fork/potato masher, mash the broccoli until soft but recognizable chunks. Stir everything again.
- Pan fry: Heat a large nonstick frying pan on medium high with some olive oil. I used my non-stick griller for this recipe. Once the oil is hot, scoop two tablespoons of batter and drop it into the pan, then flatten it with a spatula or spoon. Don’t leave it thick; the inside will then remain uncooked. Cook until golden brown on both sides. It took 2-3 minutes for me per side. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat same steps with the additional batter.
- Yogurt Lemon Dip: Mix all the ingredients under “for yogurt lemon dip”. Top it with green onions/coriander to garnish.
- Notes 1. You can make this dish gluten free by using gluten free all-purpose flour. 2. Add egg if you need. It does give nice bonding. But I wanted it to make it vegetarian friendly. 3. You can also serve them as a Patty in a veggie burger topped with a fried egg. 4. The broccoli is not grated or pureed here, leave it in small recognizable chunks. 5. Make sure to flatten the fritters when you add them in pan, or else it hard to cook inside. 6. You can substitute sour cream for yogurt in the yogurt lemon dip. 7. You can just use one cheese, not necessary to use all cheese.