If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For this simple and beautiful dish sweet potatoes are sliced thin, brushed with butter, and roasted until crisp yet tender. —All that's Jas
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch baking pan with two tablespoons melted butter.
- Wash potatoes. Using a mandoline or knife, slice sweet potatoes into thin rounds, about 1/8 -inch thick (microwaving potatoes for 5 minutes makes them more pliable). Place slices in prepared pan. Tuck in garlic and thyme among slices. Brush sweet potato slices with remaining two tablespoons melted butter. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and crisp, about 1 ¼ hours. Garnish with more thyme. Serving suggestion: top potatoes with a dollop of sour cream.