If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been eating porridge for breakfast for years now. From time to time, I switch it up with a smoothie or chia pudding but to be honest, nothing is so comforting as a warm porridge to start off the day. Especially now when it’s starting to be chilly outside. And since I have been eating it for so long, I think I managed to perfect the recipe. It takes only 10 mins to cook and is super delicious even without any added sugar or sweeteners. You be the judge! For more recipes, head to: www.karindimitrovova.com —Karin
- 3 handfuls oats
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat porridge
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon dried coconut
- 1 banana
- 1 handful chopped nuts of your choice (I used walnuts)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- In a pan or a small pot, pour boiling water over the oats (water has to cover the oats completely, I usually pour more water after the oats have cooked for a while).
- After the oats have soaked the water a bit (about 5 mins), add the buckwheat porridge, ground coconut, chopped banana, walnuts and cinnamon. Pour more water if it is too thick. Stir and let it cook for about 3 mins.
- After achieving creamy consistency, pour into a bowl and add a tablespoon of peanut butter. Enjoy!