If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a super easy and delicious recipe. Depending on the region of the country you live in this cut of meat has many names: The California cut, Bottom sirloin tip, Triangle cut, Bottom sirloin primal cut, Santa Maria cut, Newport steak, or Bottom sirloin butt (but it’s NOT called a rump roast – totally different!) ~ Grace O —Grace O
- 1 Tri-tip (about 2-3lb.) grass-fed beef roast
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons seasoned garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons sweet mesquite seasoning
- Spread the Dijon mustard over the tri-tip and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Remove the tri-tip from refrigerator. Sprinkle with the garlic salt and mesquite seasoning.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours.
- Turn up the heat to broil. Broil the roast until top is browned and sizzling, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the roast from oven and allow it to sit for 30 minutes before slicing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weeknight Roast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe