Author Notes: This is a super easy and delicious recipe. Depending on the region of the country you live in this cut of meat has many names: The California cut, Bottom sirloin tip, Triangle cut, Bottom sirloin primal cut, Santa Maria cut, Newport steak, or Bottom sirloin butt (but it’s NOT called a rump roast – totally different!) ~ Grace O —Grace O
Tri-tip (about 2-3lb.) grass-fed beef roast
cup Dijon mustard
tablespoons seasoned garlic salt
tablespoons sweet mesquite seasoning
- Spread the Dijon mustard over the tri-tip and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Remove the tri-tip from refrigerator. Sprinkle with the garlic salt and mesquite seasoning.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours.
- Turn up the heat to broil. Broil the roast until top is browned and sizzling, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the roast from oven and allow it to sit for 30 minutes before slicing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weeknight Roast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe