If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Had a squash sitting for weeks on my counter. Read a few recipes and came up with this version. I never realized these squashes last forever! BTW this recipe is figure friendly
Had a squash sitting for weeks on my counter. Read a few recipes and came up with this version. I never realized these squashes last forever! BTW this recipe is figure friendly—Judi Bates
teaspoon olive oil
teaspoon curry powder...may need additional for taste
teaspoon fresh grated ginger
salt and pepper to taste
cups chicken broth
sprig dried sage
- Split the squash in half lengthwise with a sharp knife
- Cut carrots in half lengthwise
- Peel and core apple and slice
- slice onion
- smear cut side of squash and carrots with the olive oil then dust with curry powder
- place squash and carrots in 375 degree oven on baking sheet for 30 minutes then add apple slices and onion for another 15 minutes
- Place all roasted ingredients into a food processor and process on high for about 30 seconds or until all is smooth.
- Add the cooled chicken broth a cup at a time until smooth.
- Add the grated ginger at the end and season additionally to taste with additional Curry powder, salt and pepper
- For company may drizzle with a little cream or olive oil when serving