If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roast Duck with Vegetables is the perfect celebration of Fall. With a crispy skin and delicious juicy meat it is a great Thanksgiving roast. —VibrantPlate
- 1 duck (about 2kg)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon red paprika
- 3 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 carrots
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 200 milliliters stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 100 milliliters dry white wine
- The night before give the duck a good wash and then dry it with paper towels.
- Prepare seasoning: in a small bowl put 3 teaspoons salt, 1 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp ground dry garlic, 1 tsp red paprika and mix well.
- Gently rub the seasoning into the duck skin, covering every inch. Then, with a fork, poke a few holes into the breast skin (this will help air circulate and make the skin crisp).
- Roughly chop an onion and a few garlic cloves, and place it under the duck in a bowl. Cover the duck and set in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 180°C. Get the duck out of the fridge, remove the cover and place duck onto a baking tray. Chop the remaining vegetables, the apple and orange into large chunks and place around the duck, add bay leaves and pour a dash of white wine and some stock over the bird and vegetables. Place the duck into the preheated oven to bake for about 2,5 - 3 hours.
- While the bird is roasting, make sure to keep it moist by pouring over the juices from the baking tray every 15 minutes or so. Roast the bird until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weeknight Roast