If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: And finally our last recipe to get rid of the pumpkin leftovers you still have in your fridge! This delicious lasagna with pumpkin and leek will satisfy all the avid lasagna-lovers, and all of their vegetarian friends too. So, roll up your sleeves and enjoy.
Serves 4-6 servings
- 750 grams pumpkin, peeled and diced (1-2 cm)
- 2 leeks, peeled and sliced
- 500 milliliters besciamelle sauce
- 1 pack fresh lasagne sheets (250 g)
- 125 grams mozzarella
- 100-150 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a dash of oil in a large pan, cook pumpkin until tender, stirring regularly. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt. When tender, using a potato masher, roughly mash the pumpkin. Cut the ends off the leeks, wash them under running water and cut them into 1 cm slices. Heat a dash of oil in another large pan, add the sliced leek and cook until softened, stirring regularly. Season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, tear the mozzarella into small pieces. Start the assembling in a lasagne-style baking dish (2-litre capacity; the one in the picture is about 25×25 sq cm).
- This recipe assembles 3 layers of lasagne sheets. Spoon a quarter of besciamelle sauce into the base and place one sheet lasagne on top. Cover with half of the mashed pumpkin and half of leek. Spoon over a quarter more besciamelle sauce, spread with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with a third of mozzarella (as seen in the picture below). Repeat the layers, finishing with a lasagne sheet. Spoon over the remaining besciamelle sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cook for 35-40 minutes or until golden.