If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 pound small pears (about 6), seckle or fiorelle are perfect for this
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pear or apple cider
- 1 to 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Seeds from one vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and butter a baking dish with the tablespoon of butter.
- Whisk the cider, maple syrup, lemon juice, cardamom, vanilla bean seeds, and salt together in a measuring cup.
- Peel the pears and slice them in half from top to tail. Use a pairing knife to carefully remove the cores, but leave the stems attached for presentation if you like.
- Arrange the pears, cut sides down in the baking dish and pour the cider mixture over the top. Bake the pears, basting occasionally, until softened and the juices in the pan have reduced to a few tablespoons and have started to caramelize at the edges, 40-50 minutes depending on the size and ripeness of the pears.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!