If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: November is the season of the lovely black trumpets. While they are fresh you can enjoy them in many ways. So is autumn the season of pumkins and squash. Perfect time to make this hearty soup.The sweetness of the pumpkins are a perfect match to the earthy flavour of the trumpet mushrooms.. It is a perfect soup for the season. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 500 gr pumpkins (roasted )
- 1 onion
- 50 ml white wine
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml chicken stock (or just water)
- 2-3 dry chilies
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon mace
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds (roasted)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 gr fresh trumpet mushroom
- 2 teaspoons butter
- pumpkin seeds
- pumpkinseed oil
- Roast the pumpkins like the previous recipe.(roasted pumpkins) Cut them in chunks. Add oil in a pan, add the chopped onions with a pinch of salt and sweat them until soft.
- Peel the garlic add them with pumpkins , mace, nutmeg and caraway seeds and cook for a couple minutes. Deglaze with white wine , reduce and add the chicken stock. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Put the mixture in a bar blender and blend until it forms a puree. Put the mixture back in the pan. Add the cream, adjust seasoning and leave to simmer.
- İn a large skillet melt the butter. Add the trumpet mushrooms and saute them for a couple of minutes.
- Add a spoon of mushroom in each bowl and top with the soup. You can add pumpkin seeds and a tiny bit of pumpkinseed oil on top.