If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Such a wonderful & colorful soup... —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 3 large beets
- 3 tomato
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 200 milliliters cream
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- mozzarella cheese
- Roast the beets in the oven, skin on at 180C for 45-50 minutes.When soft, peel and cut into cubes.
- Add olive oil in a pan add the cubed onions sweat them, add the beets , cubed tomatoes and the tomatoe puree melted in a glass of water. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and the caraway seeds. Stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Blend everything add the cream and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour the soup in serving bowls add the cheese on top and grill under a salamander or oven .