Author Notes: I just watch my wife making this bake and took the photos ( she start murmuring, she hates me walking around the kitchen with my camera) this recipe also wrote by me watching her cooking .Sorry for my English I really need a
large, firm Eggplants (aubergine)
onions – 3 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1" piece(finely chopped)
Green chilies - 2 (finely chopped)
Tomato - 2 (finely chopped)
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chili powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp(recipe posted)
Oil 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
oregano 1 tsp
- Cut the eggplant into into ½” cubes
- Marinate the eggplant with chili powder, turmeric powder and salt for 60 mins.
- Deep fry the marinated eggplant pieces. Set aside
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add mustard when mustard seeds when splutter add onions, ginger and green chilies. sauté, till the oil separates
- Add the finely chopped tomato , coriander powder and garam masala sauté for 2 minute
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water salt.
- Allow it to boil.
- Add the fried eggplant
- Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- :FOR WHITE SAUCE
- Heat butter on medium low heat.
- Add refined wheat flour and fry until it smells cooked (don't let it get pink or brown )
- Let it cool for a while
- Add the milk and let the mixture boil until it seems a little thick
- Remove from the flame
- When it cools add pepper powder and salt to taste
- Put the eggplant curry in a baking dish
- Pour the white sauce over it
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes
- Cover top of casserole with grated cheese, sprinkle with oregano and bake till the cheese melts
- Serve hot
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Pie