If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple salad with a simple balsamic dressing, topped with carrots, beets, cucumbers and feta —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium sized beets, scrubbed and dried
- 1/2 cup farro, dry
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 medium sized carrots, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 2 small Persian cucumbers or 1 larger cucumber, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Drizzle beets with 1 tablespoon olive oil and wrap in tin foil. Bake for 25-35 minutes, depending on size, until a fork pierces through it easily. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook farro according to packaging instructions. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Once beets are cool, cut in half and slice with a mandolin into thin rounds. In a large bowl, toss beets, carrots, farro, scallions, chives, and feta. Pour in dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.