If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A very easy and Instant carrot and green chili pickle with less oil and spices —maayeka
Makes a big jar
- 500 grams Carrots
- 100 grams Green chilies
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons Mustard powder
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash and wipe green chilies and carrots. Chop carrots into batons and chilies lengthwise of the size of carrots.
- Take a glass bowl add carrots,chilies and salt in it and mix well.
- Now drain the carrots in a colander to drain all the water.
- Spread the carrots and chilies on a muslin cloth and spread either in sunlight or under the fan till its the extra moisture dries up.
- Now take a bowl and add oil,vinegar,lemon juice , half tsp salt and mustard kuria and mix well till it becomes like a smooth mixture.
- Add carrots and chilies in the mixture and mix well.