Makes: about 2.5 cups
grams horseradish (320 g after trimming and peeling)
tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
tablespoons sour cream
- Work in a well-ventilated room backyard or balcony.
- Peel horseradish and dice into 1 cm cubes, in a food processor or high-speed blender process until well grounded, season with salt and drizzle with lemon juice or vinegar. If it is to hart to ground add some water, 1 tbsp at the time.
- You can stop there or split grounded horseradish in half; in one half add mayonnaise and sour cream and mix well.
- If it is still too strong for your taste, add more sour cream.
- Put horseradish sauce in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.