If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 3 long red bell peppers cut in half lengthwise; seeds and membranes removed but do not to cut the stems off, or else the peppers won’t hold any of the oil mix.
- 1/4 cup fresh basil sliced into very thin ribbons (chiffonade)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (about 4 medium cloves)
- 2 tablespoons capers coarsely chopped if large
- 1.5 tablespoons anchovy (about 6) chopped
- 2 tablespoons preserved lemon finely chopped (about ½ lemons, just skin)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper freshly ground
- 2 hot chillies thinly sliced optional but some heat recommended
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange peppers on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Mix together basil, chives, garlic, capers, anchovy, preserved lemon and olive oil, mix until combined.
- Put 1 tbsp of oil mixture in each pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- When peppers are ready sprinkle with black pepper and (if using) sliced hot peppers; or keep hot peppers on the side.
- Serve warm or room temperature with toasted crusty bread.
- You will have leftover oil and herb mix, serve on the side.