If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Apple Brandied Coconut Pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons Calvados apple brandy or other brandy
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, salt, cinnamon, cayenne, and clove. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil followed by the apple brandy, vanilla, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then add the pecan halves and cook until the liquid starts to dry and pecans are coated, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture over the pecans. Stir to combine, then continue cooking until the sugar has melted and coated the pecans, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut and mix to incorporate.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, quartered, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Place sweet potatoes and cold water in a large stock pot. Bring to 160F. Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 1 hour. Go about your other kitchen tasks while you wait.
- After an hour, heat oven to 400F (I use convection so you might need an extra few minutes of cooking time).
- Drain potatoes, place them in a large bowl and toss with 3 Tbs olive oil and generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Place them on a dark rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 30 - 35 minutes. Flipping them at the halfway mark once the bottoms are browning. During the last 3-4 minutes of roasting, toss a couple handfuls of Apple Brandied Coconut Pecans (recipe above) to heat them through.
- After roasting, remove potatoes and place in a large bowl, toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a few extra dashes of salt and pepper.
- Put the potatoes on your serving platter and drizzle with 1 Tbs maple syrup and a dash of fresh parsley.