If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe that I got from my Aunt Alice who is one of the best cooks ever. When I was teaching myself how to cook she insisted I learn her Chicken Paprika recipe. It's simple and easy. —vurbanas
cup sour cream
salt and pepper
tablespoon olive oil
cup white wine
- Cut onions and green pepper into 1/2 chunks.
- Rinse Chicken. Do not pat dry. Season Chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- In a large stock pot add oil and saute onions. Cook until the onions become transparent.
- Add the green peppers and cook until they begin to soften.
- Add Paprika and white wine. Mix well.
- Lay the pieces of chicken between the onions and peppers. Cooked covered on low for 45 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside. Peel off chicken skin and discard.
- Puree onion and pepper mixture in blender until smooth. Transfer mixture back into pot and add sour cream and blend by hand until smooth. Add chicken pieces back into pot with mixture. Serve with rice or pasta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe