If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Persian holiday Shab-e-Yalda is meant to safe guard against the longest, darkest night of the year. Spirits stay high when the whole family gathers at the oldest matriarch's house for reading fortunes, dancing, and a candlelit spread of deeply hued pomegranates, watermelon, and the most important inclusion, ajil-e-shireen—"problem solving nuts." —Felicia Campbell
Makes about 7 cups
- 1 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup shelled whole, salted pistachios
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup Leblebi (dried, salted chickpeas)
- 1 cup noghl (sugar-coated slivered almonds)
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup black raisins or dried mulberries
- 10 apricots, chopped or whole
- 10 dried figs, halved
- 1 mall box of Turkish delight cubes (1/2 inch pieces)
- Stir together all ingredients to evenly combine. Store in an airtight container for 2 to 3 weeks.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!