If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mabo Tofu is a really simple quick tasty Chinese meal. I fell in love with Mabo Tofu when I lived in Japan so my version is no where near a traditional one. —Waxamillion
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 2 teaspoons Tobanjan
- .5 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 1 packet Tofu (medium-firm)
- .5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Starch
- 1 sprig Spring Onion
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 3 pieces Garlic Clove
- 1 teaspoon Sake
- 1 cup rice
- Cook your rice
- Turn the heat up high, add the regular oil, minced garlic, tobanjan and ground beef and stir until the beef changes color.
- Add soy sauce and pepper and sake (to taste). Drop temperature to medium heat
- Add tofu and let the tofu absorb the flavor
- Mix half a cup of water with 1 teaspoon of starch then slowly add it to the meat/tofu mix.
- Add a teaspoon of sesame oil and stir
- Put your rice in a bowl and add the Mabo to the top