Author Notes: The flavors of the holidays in a baked french toast that even makes its own buttery syrup. —mleverette
cup firmly packed light brown sugar
tablespoons light corn syrup
1-inch thick French bread slices
large eggs, beaten
cups prepared Egg Nog
teaspoon pure vanilla extract
In This Recipe
- Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until smooth and thickened, stir constantly.
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour butter mixture into the dish. Fit bread slices tightly into the dish, trimming if necessary.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, Egg Nog, vanilla and salt whisking together well.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate for eight hours.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Slice into sections and serve upside down. Garnish with whipped cream or whipped butter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Festive, Crowd-Feeding Breakfast