If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The flavors of the holidays in a baked french toast that even makes its own buttery syrup. —mleverette
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 12 1-inch thick French bread slices
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups prepared Egg Nog
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until smooth and thickened, stir constantly.
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour butter mixture into the dish. Fit bread slices tightly into the dish, trimming if necessary.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, Egg Nog, vanilla and salt whisking together well.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate for eight hours.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Slice into sections and serve upside down. Garnish with whipped cream or whipped butter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Festive, Crowd-Feeding Breakfast