If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These little energy balls are the perfect mid afternoon pick me up. They satisfy that need for something sweet without the energy crash of other sugary sweets. —Lindsay Pleskot
Makes 20 pieces
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips or shaved dark chocolate
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Use a fork to mix until well combined and a thick paste is formed. * Note: these have a softer texture than some other energy balls, I prefer them like this but if you’d like a firmer texture, add an additional 1/4 c. of oats to a food processor and blend until a chunky flour like consistency forms. Add this to the mixture and combine well.
- Roll into 20 evenly sized balls and place them in an airtight container or onto a plate and cover with saran wrap when finished.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge to enjoy throughout the week!