If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Oats are such a great way to start the day and these combos will have you energized and ready to take the morning! —Lindsay Pleskot
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (or any other light oil like grapeseed)
- 1 cup vegetables of your choice (I love mushrooms, peppers, onions, and spinach)
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium high heat. Add vegetables and saute 3-4 minutes, until soft. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook Oatmeal according to package directions, substituting equal parts stock to replace water. Stir in garlic and onion powder.
- Add vinegar to the boiling water (this will help keep the eggs together). Crack the eggs right into the water and cook until desired yolk consistency is achieved. Approximately 2-3 minutes for soft poached, 4 minutes for a more firm egg that is still soft and 5-6 minutes for hard poached.
- Finish with parmesan cheese if desired.