Author Notes: This is a recipe that I created at the beginning of the summer when I was brain-storming on making healthier snacks. It has a great fresh flavor and it's a bonus that's it's healthy as well. The grilled peppers give the dip a nice smokey charred flavor. I normally serve this with toasted pita chips and raw vegetables. —ADRIENE
grilled red peppers (peeled & seeded)
cups cannellini beans (cooked)
cup olive oil
tablespoons chopped basil
tablespoons feta cheese
salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees. Put the peeled garlic cloves in a small dish, cover the garlic with olive oil and foil. Bake in the oven until the cloves are soft all the way through, about 45 minutes. (Use the left over oil for sauteed veggies or salad dressings after you make the dip.)
- Put the beans, juice of 1 lemon, peppers (peeled and seeded), roasted garlic cloves, 1 1/2 tbs.basil, and 2 tbs. roasted garlic oil in the food processor and blend until smooth. Add water if it needs to be thinned out. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Peel and small dice 1/2 a seedless cucumber. Put the dip in a serving bowl or platter and top with the crumbled feta cheese, chopped basil and diced cucumber. This step can be omitted, but I think it adds a great texture and flavor to the dip.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe