If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hearty and filling, this Turkey and Squash Kale soup is the perfect pot of healthy goodness. If you’re looking for a reprieve from all that decadent holiday eating, this is it… enjoy! —Holly
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 15-20 sage leaves, about 3 tablespoons chopped
- 7 leaves thyme, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups turkey stock or chicken stock
- 4 cups kale, stems removed
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked turkey meat, cubed (or roaster chicken meat, cubed)
- Chop butternut squash into 1/2 inch pieces, then roast on a parchment lined cooking sheet for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile chop onion, celery, and cook for 6 minutes on medium high heat. Mince garlic, and chop fresh sage and thyme, add to the soup pot and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add turkey stock, salt and pepper to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add 1½ pounds of cubed Yukon potatoes, and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add squash, and cook 5 more minutes over medium heat.
- Gently fold in kale and cooked turkey, turn off the heat and let site for 5 minutes. Serve warm with grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.