If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fennel Garlic Grilled Chicken Legs - perfect for a Labor Day grill-a-thon! —mtlabor
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 4-5 whole chicken legs
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, fennel, oregano, red pepper, and salt. Add in olive oil. Stir and seaons with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make 2 diagonal slits on each side of each chicken leg. You want to cut almost to the bone so that the spices can get in those crevices.
- Rub the garlic-fennel "paste" on each chicken leg and set in shallow glass dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Light a charcoal grill under medium high heat. Brush chicken with olive oil and grill over indirect heat, covered, for about 25 minutes, turning once or twice, or until chicken is white throughout.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter under medium high heat. Stir in flour and let slightly brown, about 1 minute. Slowly add chicken stock and simmer until you get a desired thickness. Set aside.
- Top chicken legs with gravy (if desired) and serve with fresh vegetables and dig on in! Enjoy!