If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Classic Turkey Stuffing with homemade cornbread, Asiago foccacia, & artisan whole wheat. —Holly
ounces Artisan whole wheat bread or similar dried and cut up into 1x2 inch pieces
ounces Asiago foccacia bread cubed into 1-nich pieces and dried
ounces cornbread cubed into 1-nich pieces and dried
large onion, finely chopped
leaves fresh sage finely diced
cup butter, melted
teaspoon salt & pepper
cups turkey stock or turkey drippings
cups chicken stock
- This recipe works best if you thoroughly dry out all the bread for at least 24-48 hours before cooking. Cut the bread into 11/2 inch cubes and place on baking sheets on the counter until completely dry, firm and crunchy. If you need to speed things up you can dry the bread on cookie sheets in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes as long as you keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the dried bread, celery, onion, sage, salt and pepper.
- In a separate small bowl, combine butter, turkey drippings, stock and gentle stir into the bread mixture. You want all the bread to be moist but still leaving some of the cubes intact.
- Next, add the beaten eggs to the stuffing mixture and fold the mixture together.
- Liberally spray a 9" X 13" dish with cooking spray, then add the stuffing mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes, until golden brown on top but still moist in the center.