Author Notes: Sometimes, you can't beat a classic. These versatile bars are loaded with coconut, chocolate, and nuts—use the basic template and add as many layers as you like: caramel, chopped candies, peanut butter, and so on are all very welcome. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Makes: one 9 x 13 inch
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
cups graham cracker crumbs
ounces sweetened condensed milk
cups semisweet chocolate chips
cup chopped toasted nuts
cup sweetened shredded coconut
cup unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the pan, swirling to cover the pan evenly. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the butter in an even layer.
- Pour the condensed milk over the graham crackers in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips in an even layer over the condensed milk. Next, add the chopped nuts (in an even layer) and then both types of coconut. Press down with a fork.
- Bake the bars for about 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool before slicing and serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!