If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes, you can't beat a classic. These versatile bars are loaded with coconut, chocolate, and nuts—use the basic template and add as many layers as you like: caramel, chopped candies, peanut butter, and so on are all very welcome. —Posie Harwood
Makes one 9 x 13 inch
cups graham cracker crumbs
ounces sweetened condensed milk
cups semisweet chocolate chips
cup chopped toasted nuts
cup sweetened shredded coconut
cup unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the pan, swirling to cover the pan evenly. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the butter in an even layer.
- Pour the condensed milk over the graham crackers in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips in an even layer over the condensed milk. Next, add the chopped nuts (in an even layer) and then both types of coconut. Press down with a fork.
- Bake the bars for about 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool before slicing and serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!