If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Winter salmon perfection- served over a warm bed of lentils and vegetables with a hint of lemon. This meal manages to be light and filling all at once! —Christine @ Yum and in Love
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- In medium stock pot, over high heat, combine lentils and broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about 40 minutes, until lentils are soft but not mushy.
- In medium pan, combine about 1 tablespoon of olive oil with carrots, celery, onion, bell pepper, paprika and onion powder over medium high heat until all the vegetables are soft- about 20 minutes.
- While the lentils and vegetables are still cooking, preheat oven to 450. Combine about 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and lemon pepper. Brush the lemon pepper mixture over the salmon fillets and set the fillets on a baking sheet. Once the oven is preheated, bake until cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- After lentils are cooked, combine lentils and vegetables. Stir in lemon juice and spoon some of the lentil mixture onto a plate. Top with baked salmon fillet and serve warm.