A yours truly original. Inspired by a love for the step in making cookies where you mash brown sugar with the butter.
A yours truly original. Inspired by a love for the step in making cookies where you mash brown sugar with the butter.—TakeThymeToCook
tablespoons butter or margerine
cup light brown sugar
tablespoons tropical spice powder (curry, paprika, pepper)
red pepper (optional)
servings of cooked brown or wild rice
In This Recipe
- If you want peppers in your mix, sauté in saucepan with a sliver of butter (or olive oil) until soft. Remove peppers from pan, set aside.
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter/margarine in saucepan.
- Add shrimp and cook on medium-high until pink.
- Add remaining butter and melt. Stir in brown sugar.
- Add banana (sliced on the diagonal) and cook until brown and mushy. Yum.
- Add tropical spice powder. Return red peppers to mix to heat.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy a sweet but balanced dinner!